|Summary:||No translated strings|
|Product:||PulseAudio||Reporter:||Dusan Kazik <prescott66>|
|Status:||RESOLVED FIXED||QA Contact:||pulseaudio-bugs|
|i915 platform:||i915 features:|
|Bug Depends on:||92142|
Description Dusan Kazik 2015-09-27 09:40:25 UTC
I have added/updated slovak translation of PulseAudio, but after 0.7 update (using Arch), there are no translated strings in GUI/cmd line. I have created bug report for arch package too, because i dont know if it is package/source code relative. Translation is made via gnomes damned lies: https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/PulseAudio/master/po/sk
Comment 1 Tanu Kaskinen 2015-09-27 11:51:19 UTC
Can you give an example of a command that used produce translated text? I tried this command: LANG=sk_SK pactl list I tried 7.0 and 6.0, and in neither case I saw anything but English. I'm installing to /usr/local, though, and I'm not sure if gettext gets confused by that (it really shouldn't, but who knows).
Comment 2 Tanu Kaskinen 2015-09-27 11:57:18 UTC
Also, could you give the link to the Arch bug report?
Comment 3 Tanu Kaskinen 2015-09-27 12:20:34 UTC
This doesn't seem to be an upstream problem. I now figured out how to make the translation work on my Debian system: add sk_SK.UTF-8 to /etc/locale.gen, run locale-gen and use LANG=sk_SK.UTF-8 when running pactl (sk_SK isn't good enough, the charset needs to be included).
Comment 4 Tanu Kaskinen 2015-09-27 12:22:29 UTC
To clarify: I got the Slovak translation to work with 7.0.
Comment 5 Dusan Kazik 2015-09-28 19:44:18 UTC
Here is link to Arch bug: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/46452 It is now fixed, after rebuilding package by its maintainer. I am not a developer, so take a look at the problem solution and close this thread as your will. Thank you!
Comment 6 Tanu Kaskinen 2015-09-29 03:30:19 UTC
I'll close this when bug 92142 is closed. It turned out that there is something to improve in our build system.